- balance learning and fun
- are hosted by reliable and trained instructors
- promote children’s health and happiness
- improve problem solving and cooperation skills
- Operate rain or shine
S.S.S. provides a positive experience for kids in the outdoors and beach setting with activities such as; surf lessons, yoga, sand castle building, environmental education and activities, beach art and craft time and visits to our surrounding non-profit organizations.
Please keep in mind ALL camp attendees will be involved in the following ongoing studies and programs:
- Monarch Buttery Monitoring Program
- SPI Sessions Science Academy Garden/ Painting /Creating
- Unlitter Campaign (Art created will be showcased at the 4th annual Trash Art Contest) For More Information visit www.unlitter.com
Choose from 10 Different Camp Sessions:
- June 5 – June 7 PLANTS + TREES 10 max 9-3
- June 12 – 14 (*Stand Up Paddle Boarding Session) WATER
- June 19 – June 21 (All Girls Week) Butterflies
- June 26 – June 28 Marine Debris + Unlitter Art + Sand Science
- July 3 – July 5 Sea Turtles
- July 10 – July 12 WATER
- July 17 – July 19 Birds
- July 31 – August 2 Fish
- August 7 – August 9 Butterflies
- August 14- August 16 Plant + Trees
*Stand Up Paddle Boarding Session will not involve any surfing lessons. We will enjoy our time on the bayside shallow waters of SPI and flat ocean days.
9:00 am- 9:20 Students Arrive
9:20-9:40 Yoga and Stretching
9:40-10:00 Surfing Technique- beach practice
10:00 am – 11am Surf Lessons and Beach Related Activities: Unlitter Campaign, Shell Collecting & Identification
11:00 am – 11:30 am Clean-Up and Transportation to Native Plant Center
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Catered Lunch
12:30 pm – 3pm Hands on Science Lesson, Arts and Crafts, Nature Walk or field trip to listed Non-profits.
Registration is now open for Surf.Sup.Science Summer Session and Saturday Science Summer Academy!!
Please make Checks Payable to Hartwell Talent and Production
SPI Sessions c/o Aarin Hartwell
South Padre Island, Texas 78597
Check out pictures from last years Surf.Sup.Science Summer Sessions on our Facebook page.